The Myst Reader
|Author||Rand Miller, Robyn Miller, David Wingrove|
|Release Date||September 1, 2004|
The Myst Reader is an omnibus edition of all three Myst novels published up to 2004. It contains The Book of Atrus, The Book of Ti'ana and The Book of D'ni. As the three books are individually out of print, The Myst Reader is an easy and cheap way to get a new copy of each.
The book description reads:
- Link to a World of Wonder and Intrigue
- The ages of Myst are worlds of adventure and awe; of mystery and beauty; of intrigue and betrayal. Come take a step into the full fictional legend and origins of Myst. Now, for the first time, the three volumes that make up the Myst canon are available as one. You will travel to wonderful new ages; you will watch as the unimaginable comes to pass; and you will read a story that until recently had been kept secret for thousands of years.
- The Book of Atrus
- These pages are your link to the story of Atrus, son of Gehn, and the last of the race of D'ni—the masters of The Art, the craft of linking to other worlds through the descriptive art of writing. For most of his young life, Atrus thought the stories his grandmother told him were just strange legends. Now his time comes to explore the magnificent underground realm...
- The Book of Ti'ana
- These pages are your link to the story of Ti'ana—known among humans as Anna—the first woman from the outside world to enter the domain of the D'ni. She wanders into a place she never should have seen, and her intelligence and wisdom surprise some. And terrify others. When one young lord befriends her, then marries her, all layers of D'ni society are shaken. But no one realizes just how deeply...
- The Book of D'ni
- These pages are your link to the story of Eedrah, son of Jethhe Ro'Jethhe, lord of Terahnee—Eedrah's ethereal homeland. Atrus sets out to rebuild D'ni and stumbles into this world of spectacular waterfalls, lush fields, rich music, and astonishingly beautiful architecture. Everything is perfect, but when a boy gets sick, only a prophecy and some fate can shape Terahnee's destiny...
There are some slight differences between The Myst Reader and the three individual Myst books: