Template:Reference copyright notice
In Riven, the Stranger has a bit of dialogue with Cho right after linking, with Nelah while prisoner on Tay, and hears phrases from other members of the Moiety. No trascriptions or translations were ever released. Explorer KathTheDragon attempted the transcriptions that follow.
This paragraph is written from an OOC point-of-view. Events and elements in the D'ni Universe are regarded as fictional.
Rivenese is reportedly based on a dialect of Papua New Guinea. BladeLakem suggested Folopa as the best candidate.
Cho's lines after seeing the Stranger.
- čo? ša-di-(y)a-he. ka-ga-wa-ri-vu.
- mu-wa-wi-vu-wi-vu [nervous stuttering?]
- [ attempted D'ni ].
- mi-si-ra-po, mi-si-rap(o?). mi-ti-t/ga-gu gu-(w)a-nei.
- mi-si-ra-po. mi-ti-t/ga-gu gu-(w)a-nei. boku (w)a-nei. mi-si-rap(o?).
- boku bai-nei. boku (w)a-nei. boku (w)a-nei! bo-nai.
Katran's line in the prison.
- ya-fer-di-k(?) [cuts herself off]
- a-nau-v/mai. (ha-n)a-ru-na-sau-se. [first part of the second sentence is said too quietly]
- ya-no-ke-ni-(h)a-boko-mo-boko i-si-bo.
- frai-da-bo (ma).
- doi-bi-yo. do-bo.
Moiety rebels who capture the Stranger.
- o-ke-do-ru-ri-bo o-ke-do-ru-ri-bi-si-ra-pe!
- o-ke-bu-ri-bo-(w)a. ge-bu.
Nelah's first speech to the Stranger.
- Ka-ta-ri-na-(n)ei-nau-de-sai-ye-pa-lo. ya-pa-ai-ma-nai-ye-le-po.
- t/di-sai. bai-de-fe-lu-pe.
Nelah's second speech to the Stranger.
- si-ra-po. (h)i-boko-mo-boko i-si-bo.
- na-ve-ne. ta-po-mo-re-ve-ne-be-nu.
- nau-ka-ta-ri-na-ne. wi-si-fi-po-lo-ya-se-pei-ai.
- ↑ "Rivenese Dialogue and Transcriptions", Black Moiety forum, accessed November 17, 2019.
- ↑ See the Discussion page for this article.
- ↑ World of Longplays, "PC Longplay  Riven, 42:36", YouTube, August 17, 2012.
- ↑ World of Longplays, "PC Longplay  Riven, 44:56", YouTube, August 17, 2012.
- ↑ World of Longplays, "PC Longplay  Riven, 49:16", YouTube, August 17, 2012.